The Penetrator – The Target is H Part 3: All Penetration Bulletin
Our show reconstructs books that have been divided into thirds and assigned to three different hosts. We then recap the book in full over three episodes.
In this episode, and over the course of several ambushes, we are reminded Mark Hardin can penetrate whoever he wants to. Meanwhile, Mark sends out some fancy ransom notes and readies his penetream for the final showdown.
Check out Rob’s other other podcast!
This week, we discussed the podcast Limited Theories.
From the back cover:
MARK HARDIN…The Penetrator. He’d learned how in Vietnam. Infiltrate the enemy’s position, determine the plan of action and then strike swiftly, taking out as many key men as possible, wreaking destruction, leaving chaos in your wake.
Now he was in Los Angeles, engaged in a new, far more sinister war. But he was fully prepared and totally committed, and bound by no rules but his own.
He is tall and slim, reflecting his unique Indian-Welsh background. His driver’s license indicates his age is twenty-eight. If he seems a bit grim, it is for good reason.
He was orphaned at four, when his parents and three brothers and sisters were killed in an automobile crash. Since then he’s been mistreated, brutalized by life, injured in games (football), and wounded in combat. But he’s survived. Mark Hardin is tough, a survivor. And an expert. Marksmanship, karate, aikido, and even the crossbow, are part of his arsenal.
He is a new breed of warrior–without uniform, without rank–dedicated to the American way of life, and pledged to fight anyone who seeks to destroy it. On either side of the law. That’s why he’s in Los Angeles. Just the beginning of a long and lonely series of brushfire wars.
Some relevant characters:
- Mark Hardin: 28 year-old Vietnam vet going through a mid-life crisis. Has very few emotions. On a mission to kill at least 100 people by the end of the book to avenge his friend, Donna Morgan. Skills range from makeup to grenade throwing.
- Donna Morgan: a USC anthropologist who could tell your genetic ancestry just by looking. RIP.
- Professor Haskins: Owner of the Stronghold. Donna’s uncle.
- David Red Eagle: “Old West” medicine man, trains Mark to be stealthy.
- Don Pietro Scarelli: runs a mafia crime ring and takes a lot of phonecalls. Pretty angry at current events and the man behind them (the penetrator).
- His Lordship: A mysterious person on the other end of Don’s speakerphone. Is not Bosley.
- Senator Martyn Corvus: On a committee against organized crime, headed to California to figure out what’s going on with all this dang heroin.
- Officer Kelly Patterson: Not just a cop. A massively racist Irish cop.
Support the show: Thanks to our sponsor, Audible, for giving our listeners a free audiobook credit by going to audibletrial.com/pulp!
We now have a store! Check it out!
Follow and chat with us on social media: