This week we’re (figuratively) ripping our skin off and talking about the books we’re writing! This is an appetizer to a series we’re planning to do this summer all about how a book gets made. We give a mini preview about what our books are about, and break down what our book writing process was like, from what made us finally start writing to what we wish we knew before we wrote our books. We also share the resources that helped us along our process and talk about what’s coming next for our books!
We also recap our long weekend trips and our feelings about hot dogs 🌭
Resources that helped us in our process:
- Books: Save the Cat! Writes a Novel by Jessica Brody, Story Genius by Lisa Cron, Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Podcasts: The Shit No One Tells You About Writing, First Draft with Sarah Enni
- Instagram Stories Highlights from Emily Henry; Hannah Orenstein; Jasmine Guillory
- Newsletter: Agents & Books by Kate McKean
Becca: Tretorn Nylite Original Sneakers in Leather
Olivia: Darkness (AKA the sun going down)
What we read this week:
Every Summer After by Carley Fortune
Carrie Soto is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid (out Aug 30, 2022!)
Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren
This Month’s Book Club Pick: Cover Story by Susan Rigetti
- Retold Recycling – go to retoldrecycling.com and get 10% off with code BOP10 on all Retold Bags to make recycling a part of your summer clean up!
- Night – go to discovernight.com and use code BADONPAPER (All one word) for 20% off almost everything on the site.
- Prose – take your FREE in-depth hair consultation and get 15% off your first order at Prose.com/bop.
Join our Facebook group for amazing book recs & more!
Like and subscribe to RomComPods. Available wherever you listen to podcasts.
Follow us on Instagram @badonpaperpodcast. Follow Olivia on Instagram @oliviamuenter and Becca @beccamfreeman.