938. Love it or hate it, the exclamation point has been on the red carpet lately because we’re using it more. But it also has a fascinating history: the man who invented it was trying to fix a problem that annoyed him. This interview with Florence Hazrat is bursting with fascinating tidbits.
| Transcript: https://grammar-girl.simplecast.com/episodes/exclamation-point/transcript
| HOST: Mignon Fogarty
| VOICEMAIL: 833-214-GIRL (833-214-4475) or https://sayhi.chat/grammargirl
| Grammar Girl is part of the Quick and Dirty Tips podcast network.
- Audio Engineer: Nathan Semes
- Director of Podcasts: Adam Cecil
- Advertising Operations Specialist: Morgan Christianson
- Marketing Associate: Davina Tomlin
- Digital Operations Specialist: Holly Hutchings
| Theme music by Catherine Rannus.