Mini Ep. 52: A Couple Differing Opinions with Sarah Verity Collica (@seize_the_page)
This post contains affiliate links, through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
2020 Podcast Survey
I’d love it if you could take a couple minutes to complete the 2020 Podcast Survey. I’d love to hear your feedback about what’s working, what’s not working, and the direction you’d like to see the podcast take. I’ll be using this feedback as I plan for next Fall. And, your responses are anonymous!
- A couple books that Sarah C. and I had different opinions about.
- Sarah D’s issues with Liane Moriarty.
- The similarities and differences between Catch and Kill and She Said…and Sarah C’s favorite of the two.
- Ronan Farrow’s dispute with his publisher about Woody Allen’s memoir.
- A quick overview of the differences between publishers and imprints.
- Where Sarah D. goes for book reviews from regular readers vs. critics.
- Sarah D.’s speculation about the Transcendent Kingdom’s shifting publication date.
- Edelweiss benefits beyond just requesting e-galleys from publishers.
Sarah’s Book Recommendations
Two OLD Books She Loves
- Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld | Buy from Amazon [4:54]
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [8:42]
Two NEW Books She Loves
- Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner | Buy from Amazon [14:04]
- Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow | Buy from Amazon [18:57]
One Book She DIDN’T Love
One NEW RELEASE She’s Excited About
Other Books Mentioned
- Pride & Prejudiceby Jane Austen | Buy from Amazon [5:04]
- You Think It, I’ll Say It: Stories by Curtis Sittenfeld (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [8:10]
- An American Wifeby Curtis Sittenfeld | Buy from Amazon [8:10]
- Rodhamby Curtis Sittenfeld (Release Date: June 30, 2020)| Buy from Amazon [8:10]
- Brain on Fireby Susannah Cahalan | Buy from Amazon [12:07]
- Hungry Heartby Jennifer Weiner (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [16:12]
- Big Summerby Jenifer Weiner (Out May, 2020) | Buy from Amazon [18:39]
- She Saidby Jodi Kantor and Meghan Twohey (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [20:05]
- Homegoingby Yaa Gyasi | Buy from Amazon [27:19]
- Episode 32: Cristina Arreola
- “Publisher Drops Woody Allen’s Book After Ronan Farrow Objects, Employees Walk Out” (NPR)
- “Ronan Farrow Dumps Publisher Over Its Book Deal With His Father, Woody Allen”, (The Washington Post)
- Two articles mentioning a July 2020 publication date for Yaa Gyasi’s Transcendent Kingdom: Article 1, Article 2
Sarah works full time for a summer camp and year-round retreat center. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband two daughters and two dogs. Sarah has been an avid reader since she was little and could often be found sitting in the corner at family events with a book or staying up late reading under the covers. She read Babysitters Club books until she was way too old and started stealing her mom’s Danielle Steele books when she was way too young. Next Episode
Spring 2020 Book Preview with Catherine from Gilmore Guide to Books (airing Wednesday, April 1).
Support the Podcast
- Support on PatreonWhen you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
- ShareIf you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
- Subscribe …wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and ReviewSearch for “Sarah’s Bookshelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!