Mini Ep. 48: Genevieve Trono (@genthebookworm)
In Mini Episode 48, Genevieve Trono (@genthebookworm) talks mood reading and shares her thoughts about Brit Bennett’s new book (which she’s already read)!
This episode is sponsored by Book of the Month. Use the code SARAHSBOOKSHELVES at checkout to get your first book for just $9.99!
- Mood reading and how Genevieve builds in time / space to mood read within her books she’s reading for review.
- Genevieve’s thoughts on one of Sarah’s most anticipated books of 2020 (Genevieve has already read it, while Sarah hasn’t)
- How it’s easy to forget the details of the books we read…even ones we love.
- How some teachers these days are talking to their students about the importance of loving what you’re reading.
- A bonus review of an upcoming release by a well-known author.
- Authors publishing new books too quickly / frequently.
Genevieve’s Book Recommendations
Two OLD Books She Loves
- Charlotte Walsh Likes to Win by Jo Piazza (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [5:07]
- Midwives by Chris Bohjalian | Buy from Amazon [9:25]
Two NEW Books She Loves
- Burnout by Emily and Amelia Nagoski (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [15:20]
- To Have and To Hold: Motherhood, Marriage, and the Modern Dilemma by Molly Millwood | Buy from Amazon [20:47]
One Book She DIDN’T Love
One NEW RELEASE She’s Excited About
Other Books Mentioned
- The Red Lotusby Chris Bohjalian (Out March 17) | Buy from Amazon [12:38]
- The Flight Attendantby Chris Bohjalian (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [13:42]
- A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [14:34]
- She Saidby Jodi Kantor and Meghan Twohey (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [18:37]
- Prepby Curtis Sittenfeld | Buy from Amazon [25:35]
- The Mothers by Brit Bennett (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [28:45]
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [30:35]
Genevieve is a mom, wife, professional photographer, book blogger, library volunteer, and a motherhood book club facilitator. She lives with her husband of 10+ years, their two sons who are 7 & 9 and their springer spaniel named Buzz.
She is a photographer and mostly does behind the scenes work now. She spends a lot of her work days editing in Lightroom and Photoshop which makes plenty of time for audiobooks! She also teaches photography classes.
Support the Podcast
- Support on PatreonWhen you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
- ShareIf you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
- Subscribe …wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and ReviewSearch for “Sarah’s Bookshelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!