Mini Ep. 39: Southern Books & Character-Driven Dramas with Lindsay Creech (@littlelindsreads)
In Mini Episode 39, Lindsay Creech (@littlelindsreads) and I talk about Southern books and character-driven dramas.
This post contains affiliate links, through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- Lindsay’s mom’s parent gift-giving nightmare (which involves books).
- Sarah’s least favorite Pat Conroy book.
- A DNF tangent.
Lindsay’s Book Recommendations
Two OLD Books She Loves
- The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe | Buy from Amazon [4:24]
- The Winter Street Series by Elin Hilderbrand | Buy from Amazon [6:42]
Two NEW Books She Loves
- The Most Fun We Ever Had by Claire Lombardo (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [8:27]
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [12:39]
One Book She DIDN’T Love
One NEW RELEASE She’s Excited About
Other Books Mentioned
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [3:32]
- South of Broad by Pat Conroy | Buy from Amazon [3:32]
- American Royals by Katharine McGee (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [6:09]
- Summer of ’69 by Elin Hilderbrand | Buy from Amazon [7:54]
- Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand | Buy from Amazon [7:54]
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert | Buy from Amazon [12:52]
- Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney | Buy from Amazon [13:58]
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern | Buy from Amazon [20:41]
- Peachtree Bluff Seriesby Kristy Woodson Harvey | Buy from Amazon [21:54]
- Podcast Ep. 12 with Hannah from @booknerdnative
- Podcast Ep. 14 with Lindsay J. Palmer
- Podcast Ep. 7 with Ashley Spivey
Lindsay is a high school Spanish teacher and Pastor’s wife living in North Carolina with her husband and puppy named Baxter. Growing up, her nose was always in a book and she had her own personal library with personalized stickers that said “from Lindsay’s library.” She started a book club in Raleigh with 6 women who started out as strangers and have become close friends including Hannah (@booknerdnative) and she also started a book club with her students at the high school where she teaches. Support the Podcast
- Support on Patreon – When you support the podcast on Patreon for $5/month, get bonus podcast episodes and other goodies!
- Share – If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
- Subscribe…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review – Search for “Sarah’s Book Shelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!