Kelly from The Well-Read Runner (TBR Lists)
In Episode 10, Kelly from @thewellreadrunner joins me to talk Marie Kondo-ing your physical book collection and your TBR list…and, as always, share her book recommendations!
This post contains affiliate links, through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- How Kelly uses reading challenges to prioritize her TBR list.
- The reading challenge that will help you Marie Kondo your physical book collection.
- How Sarah organizes her TBR list…including why / how she starts with a new TBR list every year.
- How Sarah Marie Kondo’s her TBR list (stay tuned for a blog post about this tomorrow!).
- The right way to pronounce Jodi Picoult’s last name (I’d been pronouncing it wrong for years!).
- Kelly’s favorite running books.
Kelly’s Book Recommendations
Two OLD Books She Loves
- The Three by Sarah Lotz (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [13:49]
- Where Men Win Glory by Jon Krakauer | Buy from Amazon [19:25]
Two NEW Books She Loves
- Golden Child by Claire Adam (My Book of the Month commentary) | Buy from Amazon [23:31]
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (My Book of the Month commentary) | Buy from Amazon[27:34]
One Book She Didn’t Love
One Upcoming Release She’s Excited About
Other Books Mentioned
- Before the Fall by Noah Hawley (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [17:13]
- Day Four by Sarah Lotz | Buy from Amazon [18:42]
- Missoula by Jon Krakauer (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [22:48]
- Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer | Buy from Amazon [23:10]
- A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza | Buy from Amazon [25:50]
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern | Buy from Amazon [35:15]
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami | Buy from Amazon [35:33]
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern | Buy from Amazon [24:44]
- Let Your Mind Run by Deena Kastor | Buy from Amazon [41:21]
- How Bad Do You Want It? by Matt Fitzgerald | Buy from Amazon [41:48]
- Grit by Angela Duckworth | Buy from Amazon [42:16]
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [43:23]
- Redployment by Phil Klay | Buy from Amazon [45:05]
- Waiting for Eden by Elliot Ackerman (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [45:29]
- Pop Sugar Reading Challenge
- The Readerly Report Podcast
- #theunreadshelf Challenge
- Nonfiction November
- Book of the Month
- SJP for Hogarth (Sarah Jessica Parker’s imprint)
- Monica from The Lovely Bookshelf
- Episode 7 of the Sarah’s Book Shelves Live podcast with Ashley Spivey
- Tara at Running N Reading’s Best Books of 2018 (including Deena Kastor’s memoir, Let Your Mind Run)
Kelly is a stay-at-home mom to two boys (ages 7 and 5) living in Rochester NY. Before that, she worked in higher education administration. When she’s not chasing her kids around, she loves assisting at their elementary school as a literacy volunteer (helping kids grades K-4 with reading/writing skills) and being an enthusiastic (but not scary) PTO mom. She’s also an avid early-morning runner/triathlete.
Support the Podcast
- Share – If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
- Subscribe…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review – Search for “Sarah’s Book Shelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
- Feedback – I want this podcast to fit what you’re looking for, so I truly do want your feedback! Please tell me (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me on social media) what you like, don’t like, want more of, want less of, etc. I’d also love to hear topics you’d like me to cover and guests you’d like to hear from.