This episode we’re talking about The Moving and Management of Books! We all own a lot of books. And we’ve all made big moves! We talk about when we leave books behind, how we choose the ones we keep, and more!
In this episode
Media We Mentioned
- Wonderland, vol. 6 by Yugo Ishikawa
Links, Articles, and Things
28 Family Sagas by BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour) Authors
Every month Book Club for Masochists: A Readers’ Advisory Podcasts chooses a genre at random and we read and discuss books from that genre. We also put together book lists for each episode/genre that feature works by BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour) authors. All of the lists can be found here.
- Celestial Bodies by Jokha Alharthi
- An Unlasting Home by Mai Al-Nakib
- Salt Houses by Hala Alyan
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- These Ghosts Are Family by Maisy Card
- America Is Not the Heart by Elaine Castillo
- Caramelo by Sandra Cisneros
- The Antelope Wife by Louise Erdrich
- Woman of Light by Kali Fajardo-Anstine
- Of Women and Salt by Gabriela Garcia
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- Calling for a Blanket Dance by Oscar Hokeah
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois by Honorée Fanonne Jeffers
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- We Measure the Earth with Our Bodies by Tsering Yangzom Lama
- Kintu by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi
- Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
- Things We Lost to the Water by Eric Nguyen
- The Mountains Sing by Nguyễn Phan Quế Mai
- Evening is the Whole Day by Preeta Samarasan
- A Kind of Freedom by Margaret Wilkerson Sexton
- Memphis by Tara M. Stringfellow
- Cane River by Lalita Tademy
- The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan
- Daughters of the New Year by E.M. Tran
- The Strangers by Katherena Vermette
- Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson
Give us feedback!
- Fill out the form to ask for a recommendation or suggest a genre or title for us to read!
Join us again on Tuesday, April 4th when we’ll be discussing the genre of Domestic Thrillers!
Then on Tuesday, April 18th we’ll be giving our Spring 2023 Media Update!