Ep. 87 | Nonfiction Books for Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month
For May’s theme, Kendra, Sachi, and RuthAnn discuss nonfiction books for Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month! Book Blind Date Sale: Get 15% off our hardback and paperback book blind dates!
Many thanks to our sponsors!
- Kobo Audiobooks. Learn more at kobo.com/READINGWOMEN.
- Get $10 off your purchase of a Skylight Frame go to SkylightFrame.com/READING and enter code READING.
- Novel Gazing, a Podcast from Book Riot
- A Farewell to Arms, Legs and Jockstraps by Diane Shah
Check out our Patreon page to learn more about our book club and other Patreon-exclusive goodies. Follow along over on Instagram, join the discussion in our Goodreads group, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more new books and extra book reviews!
Some links are affiliate links. Find more details here.
- Our special episode all about Cleveland!
- Shop for today’s book picks on Bookshop.org
- Virtual Indie Bookstore Day
- The Prettiest Star by Carter Sickels
- How Much of These Hills Is Gold by C Pam Zhang
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevado
- Libro.fm Socks
- Y’all Stay At Home Book Festival
- Weekend of Words Virtual Book Festival
- Short Clip from 1990 Documentary Discussing MHK’s THE WOMAN WARRIOR
- Discussion with Celeste Ng and MHK in August 2019
- Whiter: Asian American Women on Skin Color and Colorism edited by Nikki Khanna
- The Magical Language of Others: A Memoir by E.J. Koh
- Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning by Cathy Park Hong
- The Woman Warrior: Memoirs of a Girlhood Among Ghosts by Maxine Hong Kingston
- The Making of Asian America: A History by Erica Lee
- Not Quite Not White: Losing and Finding Race in America by Sharmila Shen
Questions? Comments? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music by Isaac Greene
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices