Ep. 5: Renee from It’s Book Talk (Mysteries / Thrillers)
In Episode 5, Renee from the blog It’s Book Talk, etc. and I talk mysteries / thrillers, including the thriller that made Renee cry, what Renee thinks is the most controversial thriller out there, and Sarah’s issues with mysteries / thrillers.
This description contains affiliate links.
- What makes Renee like certain mysteries / thrillers.
- The thriller that made Renee cry.
- What Renee thinks is the most controversial mystery out there.
- How we feel about all the thrillers with Girl/Wife/Sister/Woman in the title.
Renee’s Mystery / Thriller Recommendations
Two OLD Books She Loves
- Those Who Wish Me Dead by Michael Koreyta | Buy from Amazon [8:09]
- The Last Girl by Jane Casey | Buy from Amazon [10:23]
Two NEW Books She Loves
- The Craftsmanby Sharon Bolton | Buy from Amazon [13:55]
- The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth | Buy from Amazon [18:02]
One Book She Didn’t Love
One Upcoming Release She’s Excited About
Other Books Mentioned
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn | Buy from Amazon [3:18]
- The Hardy Boys by Franklin W. Dixon | Buy from Amazon [3:33]
- Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene | Buy from Amazon [3:33]
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara (My Review) |Buy from Amazon [5:43]
- Night Film by Marisha Pessl | Buy from Amazon [5:55]
- The Secret Place by Tana French (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [11:37]
- The Witch Elm by Tana French (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [11:43]
- Broken Harbor by Tana French | Buy from Amazon [11:57]
- The Trespasser by Tana French | Buy from Amazon [11:57]
- In the Woods by Tana French | Buy from Amazon [11:57]
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [20:42]
- Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough (Spoiler Discussion) | Buy from Amazon [25:03]
- The Banker’s Wife by Cristina Alger (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [26:14]
- The Wife by Alafair Burke | Buy from Amazon [26:40]
I’ve been reading and loving books for as long as I can remember. I was the kid who had to be made to go out and play because I wanted to stay in and read. I’ve always loved mysteries and thrillers, starting way back when with Nancy Drew and Treasure Island and continuing today with favorite authors like Sharon Bolton, Jane Casey, and Dennis Lehane. Several years ago, I began writing reviews for an online national book review website, but soon found I wanted my own space to share my thoughts on the books I’ve read, loved, and maybe not loved. I decided to start my own blog and after much trial and error, It’s Book Talk was born. The best part of blogging by far is the friends I’ve made in the book community. It’s been so fun to interact with book lovers from around the world. In my own family, I have a husband and two college age sons I continue to try to convert into being readers.
Support the Podcast
- Share – If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
- Subscribe…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review – Search for “Sarah’s Book Shelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
- Feedback – I want this podcast to fit what you’re looking for, so I truly do want your feedback! Please tell me (email me at email@example.com or DM me on social media) what you like, don’t like, want more of, want less of, etc. I’d also love to hear topics you’d like me to cover and guests you’d like to hear from.