Ep 254: A plethora of political(ish) book recs
Anne is joined by Sarah Stewart Holland & Beth Silvers of Pantsuit Politics podcast to discuss fiction and nonfiction recommendations that have shaped their understanding of politics, history, and what it means to be a human in this world. They’re each sharing “political” books they personally love and often recommend, because they are fascinating, thought-provoking, and sometimes surprisingly page-turning.
Visit the podcast website atwhatshouldireadnextpodcast.com/254to see the full list of titles we discussed, an episode transcript, and more.
Readers, the holidays are fast approaching and around here we’re of the opinion books make the perfect gift, whether you’re shopping for friends, family, coworkers, or teachers. But choosing the right title can be tough, so it’s become a tradition on WSIRN to have a special guest join me on the show to help us match YOUR loved one with the perfect readerly gift.If you want our help building your bookish shopping list, there are two ways to participate:
- Leave me a voicemail from your phone or computer at speakpipe.com/whatshouldireadnext sharing who you’d like a gift recommendation for, a couple of books they love, a book or genre you know they don’t like, and any little details you think are useful. Please make sure to keep your message under 1 minute!
- You can also email our producer Brenna at firstname.lastname@example.org with the same details – who your giftee is, their favorites, their least favorites, and whatever else you think would be helpful
We’ll squeeze as many submissions as we can into the upcoming holiday episode, and hook you up with the perfect bookish gifts!
Thanks to today’s sponsors:
- Even though back-to-school looks different this season, fall is still a great time to learn a new skill or do a deep dive in a topic that interests you.Start your free trial of The Great Courses Plus today atTheGreatCoursesPlus.com/READNEXTto gain access to their entire library!
- Beta Brand pants look good, feel comfortable, and they’re easy to wear with any outfit.Whatever your style, Betabrand has the pants to match. Find out why women are buying 5 different pairs of these pants. What Should I Read Next listeners cantake 25% off your first order.
- Trying a variety of styles with Third Love is easy, and helps you figure out what works best for your shape and wardrobe. Every bra is backed by their 60 day Perfect Fit Promise — if you don’t love it, return it for free! ThirdLove knows there’s a perfect bra for everyone, so right now they are offering my listeners10% off your first order atThirdLove.com/READNEXT!