Ep. 12: Hannah from Book Nerd Native
In Episode 12, Hannah from @BookNerdNative talks about moving her book collection and shares her three 2019 reading goals!
This post contains affiliate links, through which I make a small commission when you make a purchase (at no cost to you!).
- How Hannah purged her physical book collection before moving.
- How Sarah originally got converted into a strictly e-reader.
- Why Sarah had to buy books to fill her shelves when she moved.
- On only buying books you’ve already read and loved.
- Hannah’s three reading goals for 2019.
- The rule of thumb for how many pages you need to read per day to read a certain number of books a year.
- A former Mormon’s (Hannah used to be a part of the Mormon church) thoughts on Educated by Tara Westover.
- Hannah co-signs one of Ashley Spivey’s recommendations.
Hannah’s Book Recommendations
Two OLD Books She Loves
- Girls Burn Brighter by Shobha Rao | Buy from Amazon [13:12]
- In Order to Live by Yeonmi Park | Buy from Amazon [16:03]
Two NEW Books She Loves
- The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls by Anissa Gray (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [21:11]
- Educated by Tara Westover (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [25:43]
One Book She Didn’t Love
One Upcoming Release She’s Excited About
Other Books Mentioned
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte | Buy from Amazon [4:09]
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt | Buy from Amazon [4:11]
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [7:29]
- 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke | Buy from Amazon [7:51]
- Without You, There Is No Us by Suki Kim (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [18:27]
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [23:33]
- The Mothers by Brit Bennett (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [24:19]
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones (My Review) | Buy from Amazon [24:19]
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls | Buy from Amazon [26:22]
- The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvais Graves | Buy from Amazon [35:50]
- Option B by Sheryl Sandberg | Buy from Amazon [40:19]
- The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck by Sarah Knight | Buy from Amazon [40:22]
- Yes, Please by Amy Poehler | Buy from Amazon [40:59]
- Bossypants by Tina Fey | Buy from Amazon [41:01]
- The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson | Buy from Amazon [41:48]
- The Woman in the Window by AJ Finn | Buy from Amazon [43:38]
- The Stacks Podcast
- Tracey from The Stacks Podcast on What Should I Read Next? Podcast
- Winter 2019 Preview Podcast
- Book of the Month March 2019 Selections
- Author Brene Brown
- Author Hank Green
- “A Suspense Novelist’s Trail of Deceptions” in The New Yorker (article about Dan Mallory aka AJ Finn)
Hannah is a Michigander now living in the Land of the Long Leaf Pine, with her husband and daughter, enjoying Southern living to its fullest. She runs the book blog on Instagram called @booknerdnative and enjoys talking books with absolutely everyone. She also loves renting too many library books, anything with peanut butter in it, and of course, is always seeking her new favorite book to read.
Support the Podcast
- Share – If you like the podcast, I’d love for you to share it with your reader friends…in real life and on social media (there’s easy share buttons at the bottom of this post!).
- Subscribe…wherever you listen to podcasts, so new episodes will appear in your feed as soon as they’re released.
- Rate and Review – Search for “Sarah’s Book Shelves” in Apple Podcasts…or wherever you listen to podcasts!
- Feedback – I want this podcast to fit what you’re looking for, so I truly do want your feedback! Please tell me (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me on social media) what you like, don’t like, want more of, want less of, etc. I’d also love to hear topics you’d like me to cover and guests you’d like to hear from.