Celebrating ADA 30
Nicole and Matthew celebrate the 30th anniversary of the passing of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Joining is special guest Keah Brown, a disability rights activist and journalist, creator of the hashtag #DisabledAndCute, and author of the upcoming Sam’s Super Seats.
This episode is sponsored by TBR, Book Riot’s subscription service offering reading recommendations personalized to your reading life, War Stories by Gordon Korman from Scholastic, and Book Riot Insiders, the digital hangout spot for the Book Riot community.
To get even more kidlit news and recommendations, sign up for ourThe Kids Are All Rightnewsletter!
- ADA 30 Years – Americans with Disabilities Act
- AAPD celebrates ADA30 – The American Association of People with Disabilities
- “A.D.A. Now!” Throughline podcast episode
- Keah Brown (special guest)
Books Discussed on the Show: Picture Books
- Magnificent Homespun Brown: A Celebration by Samara Cole Doyon; illustrated by Kaylani Juanita
- My Three Best Friends and Me, Zulay by Cari Best; illustrated by Vanessa Brantley-Newton
- I Am Not a Label: 34 disabled artists, thinkers, athletes and activists from past and present by Cerrie Burnell; illustrated by Lauren Mark Baldo
- Not So Different: What You Really Want to Ask About Having a Disability by Shane Burcaw; illustrated by Matt Carr
- All the Way to the Top: How One Girl’s Fight for Americans with Disabilities Changed Everything by Annette Bay Pimentel, illustrated by Nabi Ali
Let us know what books or topics you’ve been sharing this week, or if you have a suggestion or book recommendation for an upcoming episode. Find us on email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Twitter (@MatthewWinnerand@ittybittyny).
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.