Buddies Part 3: Part of Your World
Linzi’s third picks up RIGHT where Alysa’s ended! After that, there’s mail day, a bit of Camper’s Cuisine, and a pensive bus ride home. Ugly and unfunny Wanda comes back but, you know, those are things that make her…reliable?
Check out Alysa’s podcasts!
Check out Best Forevers: A Podcast for Kindred Spirits
From the back cover:
Me and My Shadow
All my life I’ve been known as “Dinah Feeney–The Kind One.” You know, the type of person who can never say no to anything: the neighborhood hand-me-downs, my old dog Rollo, or the dumb poodle hat my Aunt Maude knit for me. Let’s face it, I’m a sucker. So when my parents said I could go to Camp Miniwawa for two weeks, I decided it was time to say good-bye to the old, nice, and boring me and become a member of the “in crowd” for the first time in my life.
At first, camp was great. Two of the most popular girls became my friends. But then Fern Wadley happened. The grossest person I had ever met decided I was going to be her best buddy. How could I possibly be friendly with someone who picked her teeth, walked around with lettuce stuck to her face, and wouldn’t leave me alone f or a second?
I didn’t want to hurt her feelings, but I had to get rid of Fern! My vacation, my new friends, and “Dinah Feeney–The Popular One,” were all at stake.
Some relevant characters:
- Dinah Feeney: The kind one? Pushed her own self-respect off the boat last episode. EXCELLENT on leafy brush.
- Fern Wadley: Weird and disliked, but not a snitch! Has a beaver and a secret letter.
- Marilyn Powers: Generally over everything. Is as goth as a 13 year-old girl at a summer camp in 1985 can get. Funnier than Wanda.
- Cass Barnhill: Normally too cool to scream and yell but will, especially if pushed. Prettier than Wanda.
- Crystal Ball: The fifth occupant of the girls’ cabin at Camp Miniwawa.
- Wanda: Dinah’s friend from home. Looks like Howard Casell (unfortunately).
Support the show: Thanks to our sponsor, Audible, for giving our listeners a free audiobook credit by going to audibletrial.com/pulp!
We now have a store! Check it out!
Follow and chat with us on social media:
and Success by Grunz